Kitchen is that part of our homes, where a number of electric appliances are placed and most of them keeps on running 24/7 like, fridge, deep freezer etc,
And some which are frequently used like microwave, cooking range, food processors and electric ovens. In order to cut down the cost of electricity bills and save power it is necessary to take some measures to save energy consumption in kitchen especially in the use of frequently used appliances like electric oven. Following are 5 energy saving tips for electric ovens
- Electric ovens usually have two or three racks, so instead of baking one dish at a time. Its better to bake two or three dishes simultaneously like a main dish, a side dish and a dessert. It will save power and time both at the same time.
- Instead of waiting for the oven to get fully preheated, it’s a good idea to use the slightly heated oven to warm some part of the meal.
- Try not to open the oven door and peep inside especially while baking, as a large amount of heat approximately 25 degrees C is lost every time the door is opened. Instead stick to the timer and oven light to check the progress of your dish.
- Use the racks wisely top rack is meant for high temperature and quick cooking, middle rack is for moderate temperature cooking, bottom rack is used for slow cooking and low temperatures.
- You can save 20% of your oven related energy costs by using a convection oven, which utilises a fan to force the hot air around the oven. It means shorter cooking time and lower temperatures..
Looking for more energy saving tips for your kitchen? Contact us